Job ****: Upper School Bilingual Science Teacher
Line Manager: Head of Upper School
Purpose of Job
The Bilingual Teacher is responsible to the Head of Science with whom he/she will meet regularly in order for them
to provide advice, feedback and information as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To work alongside the Subject Teacher to support the delivery of high quality Teaching and Learning in
Science, and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils in Grade 5 to Grade 12 Science lessons.
• In collaboration with the Class Teacher, be responsible for maximising, assessing and monitoring the academic
progress of the pupils they teach by delivering the very highest standards of teaching and learning.
• To act as a Co-tutor and undertake pastoral responsibilities for the pupils in their form; to deliver high quality close personal tutoring (playing a key role in communication with parents).
• To consistently and effectively implement the school’s behaviour policy and rewards and sanctions
• To support students’ understanding of their role in society as both Chinese and Global Citizens,
developing well-rounded personal, social and moral values.
• To assist in the educational, social and emotional development of pupils in collaboration with the
Class/Subject Teacher and pastoral team.
• In collaboration with Class Teacher, and other professionals where relevant, in the development, planning
and teaching of suitable support programmes for pupils.
• To work in partnership with the Class Teacher, consulting and sharing information with him/her about the needs and progress of the children.
• To participate in additional School activiti