Job ****: Teaching Assistant
Line Manager: Head of Early Years / Head of Lower School
Purpose of Job
The Teaching Assistant is responsible to the Head of Lower School, Head of EY and Lead Class Teacher with whom he/she will meet regularly providing advice, feedback and information as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To work alongside a Lead Class Teacher to support the delivery of quality Teaching and Learning, and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils.
• To undertake work, care and support programmes that enable pupils to access the curriculum.
• To assist the Lead Class Teacher in the Behaviour management and teaching of pupils.
• To assist in the educational, social and emotional development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Lead Class Teacher.
• To assist the Lead Class Teacher, and other professionals where relevant, in the development, planning and teaching of suitable support programmes for pupils.
• To work in partnership with the Lead Class Teacher, consulting and sharing information with him/her about the needs and progress of the children.
• To attend additional School activities, such as School productions, Parents’ Evenings, School trips and House events.
• To be punctual, smartly and appropriately dressed, and to behave in such a manner as is appropriate in line with the requirements laid out in our Staff Code of Conduct.
• To act as a role model in all areas of the curriculum and wider school environment, setting high expectations for pupils, colleagues and parents.
• To contribute to the School’s aims and ethos.
• When required to teach classes as part of the