Purpose of job
The Bilingual Teacher is responsible to the little Lions Principal/Head of Pre-Prep/Assistant Director of Studies with whom he/she will meet regularly in order for them to provide advice, feedback and information as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To work alongside the Class/Subject Teacher to support the delivery of high quality Teaching and Learning, and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils.
· In collaboration with the CT, be responsible for maximising, assessing and monitoring the academic progress of the pupils they teach by delivering the very highest standards of teaching and learning.
· To act as a Co-tutor and undertake pastoral responsibilities for the pupils in their form; to deliver high-quality close personal tutoring (playing a key role in communication with parents).
· To consistently and effectively implement the school’s behaviour policy and rewards and sanctions policy.
· To support students’ understanding of their role in society as both Chinese and Global Citizens, developing well-rounded personal, social and moral values.
· To assist in the educational, social and emotional development of pupils in collaboration with the Class/Subject Teacher and pastoral team.
· In collaboration with Class Teacher, and other professionals where relevant, in the development, planning and teach